theindianstatesman.com

Maharashtra Government Responds to Saif Ali Khan Attack, Deputy CM Assures Action on Law and Order

[Photo : ANI]

A political controversy has erupted in Maharashtra following the recent attack on Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan at his residence. Opposition leaders have criticized the state government, accusing it of failing to ensure the safety and security of its citizens.

In response to these concerns, Maharashtra’s Deputy Chief Minister, Ajit Pawar, emphasized that the state government is actively working to maintain law and order across the state. Pawar assured the public that a thorough investigation is underway to determine the motive behind the attack, including whether it was a robbery attempt or something else.

“We are aware of the situation regarding the attack on Saif Ali Khan. However, certain reports were circulated without full information. CCTV footage is being reviewed, and we are investigating whether the attacker intended to steal or had another motive. Our primary focus, whether it’s me or Devendra Fadnavis, is to maintain law and order in every part of Maharashtra,” Pawar said.

Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MP Supriya Sule condemned the attack on Saif Ali Khan, calling it “extremely worrying.” She expressed concern over the rising crime rates in Maharashtra and the safety of its citizens.

“This attack is deeply concerning. Saif Ali Khan has been injured and is in the hospital, but his condition is stable. I have spoken to the Mumbai Commissioner and local police, who assured me that the entire police force is mobilized and the attacker will be apprehended soon,” Sule said. “However, the rise in crime in Maharashtra is troubling. We need to see if there are any links between this incident and the earlier murder of Baba Siddique.”

Congress leader Bhupesh Baghel also raised questions about the safety of Mumbai, particularly in light of the attack on Saif Ali Khan. “If an attacker can reach the 11th floor of a residential building and attack a high-profile individual like Saif Ali Khan, it’s clear that Mumbai is no longer safe for anyone,” he said.

Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut also criticized the BJP-led state government, pointing out that if celebrities like Saif Ali Khan can be attacked, the safety of the general public is even more questionable. Raut also highlighted that similar incidents occur frequently in slum areas, but this one gained attention because a celebrity was involved.

The Mumbai Police Crime Branch has formed 20 teams to track down the attacker. As part of their investigation, police are questioning individuals found loitering late at night, as well as those with prior criminal records. More than 15 people have been brought in for questioning based on the CCTV footage of the attack.

On Friday, Saif Ali Khan’s wife, actress Kareena Kapoor Khan, recorded her statement with the Bandra Police regarding the incident. Over 30 statements have been collected so far, and three individuals are currently under investigation. No arrests have been made as of yet.

The attack occurred early Thursday morning when an intruder allegedly confronted Saif’s maid at his 11th-floor Bandra flat. As Saif intervened, the situation escalated into a violent altercation, resulting in multiple stab wounds to the actor.

Saif was rushed to Lilavati Hospital, where doctors performed surgery to remove a 2.5-inch knife blade lodged in his spine. The injury caused damage to his thoracic spinal cord and led to a spinal fluid leak. Doctors have stated that Saif is “out of danger,” though they will continue to monitor his condition.

Maharashtra’s government has vowed to take further measures to improve the law and order situation in the state, ensuring that citizens, regardless of their status, feel safe and secure. Deputy CM Ajit Pawar reiterated the government’s commitment to maintaining public safety and resolving the ongoing investigation.

Exit mobile version